Monday 19 March 2012

Kitty






I love these pics! This is such a natural look, but in reality the model (my friend Kitty) is wearing quite a bit of make-up. Photographs take away 40% of the make-up applied, so if you are attending an event where you know your photo will be taken I would always a little more than you first thought!

For example; the lipstick I used is a really lovely one by NARS called 'Tzigane', on the hand it comes out quite dark...

But as you can see from the photos it just looks like a lovely natural lip colour. It has a little shine to it, but more moisture-looking than iridescent.

For the eyes I used quite a big eyeshadow blending brush to blend three colours (lightest first). I used my Bobbi Brown eyeshadow pallet which includes 'Hot Stone 56', 'Rich Brown 11', 'Bone 2'.


  1. First use the lightest colour - 'Hot Stone' in my case - all over the eyelid and socket up to the brow
  2. Use a highlighter for under the brow line - I used a MAC eyeshadow called 'Nylon'
  3. Next apply the middle colour  - 'Bone' - into the eye socket and blend up and out towards the far edge of the eyebrow
  4. Use the darkest colour along the eyelashes and under the eye in the outer corner.  

Hope this is useful, let me know if you need more explanation!

MUApril x


No comments:

Post a Comment